Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Willows Hedgehog Rescue

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage

Willows Hedgehog Rescue - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 9:26 am

another tiny in coming and just collected the APH which will be going to Joanne on Saturday. We do not rescue APH but will be a short term foster carer until we find a good home
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 9:01 am

First feed of day and clean all completed. Banking completed. Taking a trip to see Tracey in Redditch another hedgehog carer. She cant fund raise like we can so taking her some food/ collection tubs to help out. Hector the (APH) will not be leaving today as planned, Joanne cant make the drop off. Contacts are being made all the time with our Access for wildlife campaign. Even if we only get a few builders on board that means wildlife in that area should thrive. The fight continues....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 9:22 am

Had updates from some of our hogs that have left us. Stan and Olley are doing well in the secure garden and can soon be released. Duncan and Bob named after swimmers are also doing well and putting weight on at one of our many foster carers. Milley, my little ok big Millie, has been watched carefully. Has bumped into a few things but is eating and moving around the garden ok despite being blind. I do miss her she was such a lovely well natured hog but huffy when approached.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 3:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Little hoglet in on the 1st weighing in at just 100g. gaining weight and checking back leg, walking well on it but observations continue. This one is called Lugh after the festival which takes place on the 1st August
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 9:18 am

I was going to clean and scrub all the outside pens today to take the next set of juvs. but rain, rain and yes more rain. So they didnt get done. I bet tomorrow when i am at work the sun will shine..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 6:38 pm

Another tiny in, and i thought hand feeds were coming to an end.....only 4 now so cant be too bad can it. For such little one they really do make a mess..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 8:48 am

Just noticed one of the hoglets has mites. A deep clean is in order tomorrow after work with treatment for at least 6 of the young ones. Now we know why it wasnt putting weight on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 8:52 am

Another call early today of another tiny. Sadly the finder put it back into the wet garden and can not find it now. Please if you find a bay without its mom, (Please wait and watch first) place in a box in a warm dry quiet place and then phone for help. Only rescue if you are 100% sure mom is not around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 6:03 pm

Just fed the little ones, bowls to wash and tonight i will eat. Tomorrow we are attending a road show but really do need leaflets to hand out. best get designing one and quick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 9:59 pm

Another hog in from a garden we released Mistletoe to. Could this be one of her's? Would be great to think it is. We have informed Don and Sue that they have to have words with both Rosie and Freda who still stays and visits them. They still have not had babies and this is their second year. Still waiting for the cam footage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 9:07 am

Today has been an emotional day. I was so overwhelmed when Bovis said yes, you have no idea how happy we was. The comments that are being left all over the place are fantastic, the e=petition is over 500 and increasing every hour. The many companies, other rescue centers that are coming on board is very humbling. How an idea turns in to this fantastic way of showing that we all care whats going on to our wildlife.. Thank You
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 1:30 pm

More good news: Another major building developer has come on board and will be working with us to provide gaps for hedgehogs Redrow will be building over 180 homes near us and loads more in other areas. I would hate to add up how many gardens between the two compaines this will provide for ground level wildlife. If you are a hedgehog rescue unit or a small please come on board. This does work and is working to make a differance. Please share the e-petition
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 7:55 am

tonight we are struggling with a hog that came in last night. We are unsure if it will survive the night. she is on meds,painkillers and we can only hope now. Its such a shame when your hands are tied. A couple of the little ones are also on meds tonight. One came down with worms so we are having to do the whole family to be safe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 12:19 pm

First feeds all done, good weight gains by all but one. two hogs leaving us to go to foster cares. First coffee of day then a tip run. good morning all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 2:25 pm

Male water hog!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 2:27 pm

Two little ones going out to foster carers today. The water hogs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 3:38 pm

Hog rushed to vet just made them before they closed the doors at one. They will be cleaning a dog attack wound up and putting a few stitches in. Look like this years juv. Please if you have a dog and know you also have visiting hedgehogs please put it on a lead for the last out door trip. You have no idea how many dog attacks we get in every year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 10:07 am

One of the Monkey's looking out before cleaning this morning...I know there has been a mad patch of pics but I know i have been neglecting updates so enjoy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 10:07 am

This is the smallest hog we have in at the moment meet Erney the fastest hog in the west. I say this as he hates to be handled and the second you put him down hessssssssssss off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 10:08 am

One of the Munch Bunch that is still with us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 3:04 pm

Oh dear, the idea is when we send hogs out we should not get more in!! 7 in today. 1 adult been attacked but back leg missing some time. needs TLC and small amount of wound cleaning. AND......6 new hoglets in, less then 2 weeks old , eyes not open yes and freezing cold. In the incubator getting warm, lectaide ready to go when warmed and then i will weigh and assess them all. Mom been gone days. Please if you know there are hoglets without mom don't wait two days. These are still alive but one more night may have been a different story.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Meet the Prickly Bunch as named by the children that brought them into us. They have all had their first bit of fluids and toileted. Getting warmer and all between 46g and 62g 3 boys and 3 girls
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 8:26 am

ok someone is taking the Micheal today. We let 4 hogs go yesterday and get 8 in today....this is defiantly not fair. The last one is a 500g and found lying in the gutter, first look may have eye issues and loads of ticks, i really do not like them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 2:10 pm

Little hoglets have had breakfast and all have put some weight on.
A good start to the day. cleaning begins... if you are about in this area bring marigolds and lend a hand ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 12:05 pm

This last week has been a week of phone calls, advice and we have hogs. I love all these stories. Two have hand rear the hoglets them selfs successfully (i would not recommend this unless you have the back up of a carer first) and now wanted advice about releasing, one was passed on to wrexam hedgehog carers. Two hand reared hogs are comin in for a check up and assement before release. Hedgehog homes going in after advice, and the most important. Access holes are going in fences. All fantastic reports. Keep them coming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Willows Hedgehog Rescue
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next