Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another newbie :)

Go down 
+5
dovaston
Nikki
Melody
Lou
tayer
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Another newbie :) Empty
PostSubject: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 10:39 am

Hello everyone.we dont yet own a hedgehog we are looking to get one one around july time i know its quite far away but i want to makesure we are fully prepared and ready to care for one. are there any breeders on here? and do i have to go on a waiting list. thankyou hope to speak to you all soon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 10:42 am

hi gemma, there is lots of info on here, and welcome to the forum, there are a few breeders on here, and you may need to go a waiting list.

were abouts are you from hun??

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 10:45 am

Hey Gem

Welcome to Prickly Critterz . I am Lou and i own 9 APH and one Desert hog . I have a litter due shortly .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 10:59 am

hiya we are in the darlington area.got to say iam jealous you all have a hedgehog.lol. i cant wait to own one.ive always loved hedgehogs and was over the moon when i found out you could keep them as pets.my head is all aph at the minute ive read that much.ha.
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:01 am

they are bundles of joy to own...i have 4...and my brood grew in just under a year...they are very addictive!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:05 am

they sound very addictive.did you get yours tayer off a breeder on this forum?
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:09 am

There is a lot of information Gem on the sticky notes in each thread there is alot to take into consideration when making a final decision if a APH is suitable for you .
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:09 am

Hi Gem, welcome to our lovely forum home!

I have 3 prickly critterz so far, Ernie who I adopted through the rescue - he is adorable, Puddin' who I currently foster on behalf of the rescue, she's a super speedy racetrack runner and last but not least is Little Miss Daisy Splat who is now 9 weeks old today and is from one of Helen's (Nellie) litters. She lets me give her belly kisses (Little Miss Daisy Splat that is, not Helen!)
I have only been around hedgehogs since October and now look what's happened! Very Happy I really am having such a fantastic time learning so much about them and from them. I've also made the most amazing friends on here too... some of them are a bit nuts though! Very Happy

Warning!.... Hedgehogs are highly addictive...!!

Please have a good nosie about and any questions you have, then please ask away.

xoxox
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:10 am

i bought my 1st from a local breeder, my 2nd is off lou form here, who is a dream, the most laiid back pog ever, 3rd in re-home coz an elderly lady felt she couldnt give him the love he deserved and my newest is mav who i had from helen(nellie) from here...iv only had him 3days he is the baby of my bunch.
Back to top Go down
Nikki
Admin
Admin
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:13 am

hi gemma..welcome to the forum.. i have 4 hoggies and 2 tenrecs and yes they are very addictive x Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dovaston
Admin
Admin
dovaston

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:15 am

Hi Gemma and Welcome to our happy friendly little place x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:20 am

wow so not alot of people only have 1 .ha,ha, lou the stickys are great ive been making my way thro them and some posts aswell.i wont make a rush decision on getting one and would prefer to buy one off a breeder from the forum so i know they come from good backrounds, i always do alot of research and spend time looking into the pet before i buy.i looked into guinea pigs for 3 month before reserving 2 babys.ha,ha.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:38 am

African Hedgehogs ..need to be researched and this is why the forum is here .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:43 am

of course they do.and that is why i joined to meet people and learn from the experts. Very Happy how long did you all research for before geting one.?iam sure i will be well prepared for july.
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:43 am

ask all the questions you may have, no matter how stupid they sound in your head...ask a way!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:47 am

Thankyou tayer.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:52 am

gemleigh wrote:
of course they do.and that is why i joined to meet people and learn from the experts. Very Happy how long did you all research for before geting one.?iam sure i will be well prepared for july.

I researched for over a year .x
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:52 am

gemleigh wrote:

i think i researched about 3 months....1 month to find a breeder then the 8weeks for babies to be born and ready to go to their new homes....i had a lot of support off all the girls, then during, having my new hog home....coz you always dout yourself or worried about something.... its only natural.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 12:02 pm

ok so iam sure i will be fine then and ive come to right place.
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 12:53 pm

I thought about it for a month, then had a nosie on the internet - found a couple of numbers and then finally found my way to Helen, who put me in touch with everyone here at the forum. Very Happy

Helen invited me over to meet her gang, and although she had hoglets due she never once pushed for a sale.

I've now fell in love with this most amazing breed of animal and have decided that to help rescue them is the way forward for me... I decided I wanted a hedgehog who needed a home and that's how I came across Ernie Holt. Hence also taking on Puddin' Features and become a foster carer!

The reason I decided to buy my own hoglet, was so I could experience what it was like to have a good and healthy baby, who has good lineage history and also learn to understand about how it is for the hedgehog to go through natural experiences such as the quill - as opposed to just having the experience of hedgehogs who have no, or very little background history, may have health problems due to poor care or even due to poor breeding and have had a bit of a rough start to the beginning of their lives...

xoxox
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 1:12 pm

welcome to our forum gemleigh Smile
i'm inca's mummy... you will see lots of pics of her around the forum, she is beautiful 013 and i also have a dwarf lop bun named buster who is full of attitude!
this is a great place to come if you are starting your research on having a hog. there are loads of stickies to read through regarding health, diet, housing etc, and lots of fun posts too Very Happy
anything you need we are all happy to help xxx
Back to top Go down
Sian

Sian

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 4:44 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum! I have two APH's Herb and Autumn :-). I researched for around 2 months but still ask Q's and read up on things now xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 5:23 pm

Hi Gemma - welcome to the forum - check out the stickies on each section as there is some really useful information and if you need anything else, pop a post on xx
Back to top Go down
Elaine67
Elaine67

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 9:21 pm

Welcome Gem,

I've only been here a few weeks m'self but there's so much info here that you'll soon learn the essentials.

You've chosen a fancinating little beastie to consider - the best of many worlds.

Look forward to talking with you.

ATB
Elaine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie :)   Another newbie :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another newbie :)
Page 1 of 1