Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Newbie here

Go down 
+9
Sian
Leanne
tayer
Nikki
Lou
Melody
Josie
pammie
hoggyhugs
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hoggyhugs

Another Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Another Newbie here   Another Newbie here Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:53 pm

Hello everyone, it is lovely to be here. I am joining this forum because it has been recommended to me by a good friend. My name is Josephine and I live in Cornwall, UK with my husband Paul. I am disabled and he is my carer. We have quite a few babies: 1 Pygmy hoggie, Lewie, 1 Syrian Hammy called Jovi Loved-a-Lot, 1 dwarf, Roly-Poly-Loved-a-Lot, 1 house bunny Mr Snuffie Snuffles, 1 tabby called Tilly two-tone and a little rescue black and white kitty called Felix. We also have two guinea pigs (used to have over 20) and they are Mrs Katy and Mrs Lolly Cuddle-Hugs. We have six hermit crabs, who are hard to name because they keep changing shells so I have called them the “Family Tickletoes. I have a tarantula called Fluffy, who is adorable (I would like a ratty but hubbie says we have enough!!). I look forward to hearing all about your babies. I am not great at taking photos as the other friends I have on other forums can verify, but I will try and get some. I will admit to being on another forum and I was made to feel very unwelcome. There are some nice people on there but because I had my hoggie from a breeder there, I cannot be honest about him and ask for advice. He is downright grumpy, there is nothing else for it and she said I was damaging her reputation by saying this. I was also attacked by another girl which consisted of a 2 page berate because I was again, asking for advice about Lewie. I do so hope it will be different here as there are things I still want to ask and I wish there was someway I could make Lewie more friendly. He eats cat food, minced chicken, will not touch veg or fruits. I have checked his skin is ok which wasn’t easy as he huff and jumps all the time. He is certainly in good health so it must be just the way he is. Obviously I still love him to bits even though I am a little disappointed. I look forward to hearing about other members' hedgies and it will be nice to be able to post on here without feeling I am going to upset someone. Love to all and your hoggies.
Back to top Go down
pammie
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
pammie

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie here   Another Newbie here Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:07 pm

hi nice to meet you!
im sure you will find this forum lovely and very helpful there is no nastyness here (apart from the occasional bullying of sheila but she loves it!)

I have 4 aph, Holly, Mitch, Paco and Suzie. A dog called Lacy, Jess the cat and Nino the dragon. I also have my little tenrec Welly who is a proper cutie.

Unfortunately some hedgehogs are very grumpy my paco had really bad problems with his skin when he was young and it hurt him when picked up he now hates being touched but has made improvements lately after about a year. He is still very grumpy compared to my others but i just accept that for who he is and love him anyway.

ps are you the lady who contacted fiona on the other forum? she is on here too and is lovely dont worry we will answer any questions you might have and no one will have a go at you Smile
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie here   Another Newbie here Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:17 pm

welcome to the forum Smile wow, you have a lot of furries! Laughing
sorry to hear you have had a bad experience elsewhere Sad
we are all happy to help, if you have a look over in behaviour there might be some useful information there, ask anything you like Smile
how old is your hoggie? xxx
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie here   Another Newbie here Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:18 pm

Hi Josephine, welcome to our forum....

I love the names of your gang!

I am owned by 3 hedge hoggies now... Ernie Holt who first adopted me from the rescue on October, he must be nearly 1 now... Then we have crazy lady Puddin' Features who is in her bonding bag as I type... I ham currently fostering her through the rescue but she tells me I am going to be he forever home... Last but not least I have my first baby hedgehog... Little Miss Daisy Splat who is from Helen (Nellie) one of our forum owners and members. This little beanie girl is teaching e all about having a hedgehog baby from litter training to quilling...

They really are addictive... In fact, that much so that for my 40th birthday last week, I'm turning one of my rooms into a rescue hedgehog room Very Happy

I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience on another forum... Really sad. We like to pride ourselves on the fact that we have a nice happy forum family here. We share our own personal experiences of being owned by hedgehogs and other pets and would love to have you join in.

The only thing that we ask is for the respect of our forum and others of no cross posting or getting caught up in any jingle jangling (if that makes sense?). A lot of time, effort and energy has gone into the building of this forum and all that we want is for it to be a happy, informative community all for the love of our hedgehogs and other pets... Oh and each other!

Please have a look around, starting off with the stickies in each section...

Any questions, just ask.

As I said before... Welcome!

xoxox
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie here   Another Newbie here Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:32 pm

Hey and a very warm welcome to the forum from myself and Helen who always owns the forum . So sorry to hear about your negative experience . I have 10 APH and a desert hog called Nigel .. a cat called Bear , 3 guinea pigs Sugar, Ruby , Princess Popsocks , 4 daughters and a grott of a husband .
Helen says hello and she has 19 Aph , 2 Deserts Hogan and Nora , 6 Ternrecs , 2 beared dragons , 1 uromastyx lizard , one rabbit , 2 doggies one grunting teenage son and a tolerant other half ( not that he gets much choice ).

We will be on and off through out the day as we are just on our way to collect two rescues ..but please post any questions you may have and we will try to help .

Enjoy the forum .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
Nikki
Admin
Admin
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie here   Another Newbie here Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:48 pm

Hi welcome to the mad house Very Happy .i have 4 aph. millie,morris,coco and lara and 2 tenrecs squirt and pepe. xx
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie here   Another Newbie here Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:52 pm

... And Squirt and Pepe are absolutely gorgeous... They just properly lie splat out in your hands!

xoxox
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie here   Another Newbie here Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 5:04 pm

hiya welcome to the forum im tayer and have 4 hoggies....xxx
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
Leanne

Leanne

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie here   Another Newbie here Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 5:14 pm

Hello welcome to the forum, Im leanne and I have 2 aph one boy called bambam he's 2.5yrs old and my baby beanie pebbles she's 12 weeks, and one of lous babies:)
Back to top Go down
Sian

Sian

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie here   Another Newbie here Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 7:47 pm

Welcome to the forum. i sure u'll be made to feel welcome here xx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie here   Another Newbie here Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 12:25 pm

Josephine if you need any help regarding the uploading of pictures then let me no ....x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie here   Another Newbie here Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:18 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum - back home now on my own computer!!

There is lots of good information in the stickies and anything else you are not sure of please do not hesitate to ask - that is what we are here for - to help each other and share advice x
Back to top Go down
Botty31

Botty31

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie here   Another Newbie here Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:25 pm

Hi , I have 3 aph , Dennis, Davina and dorris all with their own little characters. I have found this site really helpful and I'm sure you will find lots of info on here and everyone is really helpful Smile x
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie here   Another Newbie here Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:35 pm

Lovely thing to say Jo ..x :O)x
Back to top Go down
Elaine67
Elaine67

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie here   Another Newbie here Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:35 pm

Hello,

and a toastie-warm welcome from me too! Very Happy

'Fraid I'm a poor hogless soul, but I've had just about everything else! At the mo I'm going through my Noah phase - everything in 2's... 2 teen boys, 2 girls, 2 dogs, 2 owls, 2 ferrets & 2(many) stick insects!

This is a lovely forum - more a cyber-drop-in-centre for those with acute animal addiction lol! I've only been here a couple of months and usually pop in a couple of times in the morning - and the afternoon... and the evening. Occasionally in the middle of the night. Laughing

Warning: This forum is highly addictive but if it's hog-info you want you're in the right place!!

ATB
Elaine Smile

Last edited by Elaine67 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie here   Another Newbie here Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:48 am

Ha ha ha Elaine... You're funny xx

xoxox
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie here   Another Newbie here Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 4:16 pm

Well ladies, I don't know what to say, I am completely overwhelmed. What lovely reassuring welcoming posts. Yes Pammie love, I was me who has been in contact with Fiona (she's lovely isn't she) and who indeed recommended this forum to me. I must say it exceeds all expectations.

It is lovely hearing about all of your pets and what lovely names they have. Thank you Lou for yor offer of photo help, I really must post some butI am hopeless at taking photos. I would blame the camera but I have to be honest and say it is me. Lewie is 9 months old Josie love and he has even stopped going to sleep on me now. I know what you are sayig Pammie love, some are just grumpy and Lewie certainly is. Of course I still love him and enjoy a cuddle, I just wish he did too.

I want to send lots of love to all of you. I have just had a guinea piggy die so I am feeling very low; thankyou all again for your kindness and friendship.

Hoggy hugs

JO xx

Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie here   Another Newbie here Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 4:19 pm

Aww Jo i am so sorry you have lost one of your guinea pigs .. i have three and couldn't imagine them not being here . I hope you enjoy the forum x
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie here   Another Newbie here Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 4:29 pm

Aaaaaah Jo, so sorry to hear your sad news.... RIP little furry friend 010 xx

xoxox
Back to top Go down
janey

janey

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie here   Another Newbie here Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 12:13 pm

Welcome to the forum Jo, so sorry about your guinea pig, hope your ok xx
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie here   Another Newbie here Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 4:09 pm

Thank you Elaine love for a super post. I like how you class the kids with the pets. I do that sometimes with my hubby LOL!!

I have had owls in the past too they are gorgeous; stick insects, beetles, mantids, frogs, lizards too. I cannot afford to have many more now though we are are on a bit of a budget but thankyou for your warm welcome sweets, this is a lovely place to be you're right.

I too will drop in as often as I can but I am one of these who worries if I don't answer every post. I am on a few other forums too and it upsets me that I cannot answer them all. Anyway, I will get some piccies uploaded and show you some of my furry firm.

Hugs Jo xx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie here   Another Newbie here Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 4:25 pm

Lots of people use other forums Jo .. so feel free to pop in when you can x
Back to top Go down
Elaine67
Elaine67

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie here   Another Newbie here Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 4:45 pm

Hi Jo,

Re the hubby thing - can't do that in 2s 'cos it's called bigamy. Shocked

....Or Masochism!

Elaine Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie here   Another Newbie here Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 5:10 pm

Would have to go for Masochism Elaine!!

Sorry about the loss of your guinea pig - sending you a hug xx
Back to top Go down
Elaine67
Elaine67

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie here   Another Newbie here Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 5:15 pm

That would be hugs to Jo, Helen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie here   Another Newbie here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Newbie here
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next