Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 9:17 am

This is Rosie one of my blind resident Hoggies.. Every morning she is waiting at the back door for her dried mealworms even though she has her food in her house all day everyday she still waits !!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 5:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Having rushed back with the Female Hoggie i just left the carrier outside to be cleaned out.... Big mistake this pair were getting nicely settled !!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 5:36 pm

Called out to a garden where an adult Hoggie has been not moving much since yesterday afternoon but when it does it is going in circles.... It is a female weighs 710g has fly eggs around one side of its face and neck.. It does go in circles then stops moves forward then circles again ..possible inner ear infection started on antibiotic and pain killer.. In ICU
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 8:18 pm

These Baby Hoggies were found in a front garden... The lady had seen what she assumes was the Mother in the front garden a couple of weeks ago but sadly a few days ago saw a large Hoggie killed on the road outside her house .. They weigh 72g and 80g and appear fine.. The lady is going to keep checking to see if there are any more for me...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 10:07 am

IS THAT YOU MUM !!!!! one of my hoggies not quite sure what to make of the pot hoggie....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 4:34 pm

Called out to a local Vets this baby Hoggie was taken to them with its head and neck stuck in a piece of pipe 1" x 1".. They released the piece of pipe and handed her over to me.. She weighs 116g so approx 5 weeks old i have cleaned a very small wound on her neck and given her an antibiotic.. She is enjoying some food and water as she has probably been stuck for at least 24 hours as the wound on her neck indicates dried blood..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 4:14 pm

UNBELIEVABLE !!! Just had a call for some advice .... Lady has found a small Hoggie on the pavement and it has fleas running on it and clumps of white things (she means fly eggs) on it.. Says it is not hardly moving and thinks it may be dead.... I advised if it were dead the fleas would not still be on it and the white clumps are fly eggs and to get it to a vet asap as she is 40 miles away from me.. Here is the the part that left me completely speechless .. She said i thought maybe I SHOULD PUT IT IN A BAG AND DROP A HEAVY OBJECT ON IT to put it out of its misery !! And no this was not a hoax call... So after trying to keep as calm as i could i virtually ordered her to take it to a vet now .......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 7:54 am

Hoggies 2nd litters are born anytime from July through to as late as September so please still be on the lookout for any babies in need of help ... Thank you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:48 pm

Called out to a large garden where there dog had found an adult hoggie in trouble.. It is a male weight 715g, no visual injury but has breathing difficulty.. Possible infection/lung worm, antibiotic given and in ICU with few drops of olbas oil to help with the breathing .. Thank you to the people for contacting me as soon as they found him ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 10:04 am

REUNITED... The lady that brought me two babies in on Wednesday evening messaged me late last night to advise she had found a third baby... I arranged to collect it at 8am this morning and here it is reunited with its siblings !!! thank you to Cheryl for keeping it warm and fed overnight...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 5:51 pm

And another makes 4 !!!.. Cheryl called me this afternoon to say she had found another baby.. Kindly agreed to meet me half way, it is a girl so that makes 3 girls and 1 boy.. It is now huddled up next to its siblings !! Thanks Cheryl ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 2:37 pm

WAIT for me !! Garden time for a few of the orphaned babies this afternoon whilst i was cleaning them out ... — at prickly ball lodge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:03 pm

Called out this evening for a large female Hoggie found wandering in the road around lunch time.. She had approx 40 ticks all over her and a wound under her ear with fly eggs on it... she weighs 910g .. all ticks removed and wound cleaned and treated and antibiotic given due to open wound... She is very disorientated and distressed so not putting her in a hutch as will just make her worse.. She has the run of the enclosed garden and houses to help her calm.. Will monitor her as think she may be blind ... Thank you to Michelle for calling me for help ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 3:13 pm

This is Hedgeina !! Brought in 2 days ago by a young man called Barney.. She had been in there garden for a couple of days but was not moving around much and was sneezing .. She has not been very active since she came in and not to keen to eat.. I think she is blind in one eye and could possibly be pregnant... She will remain here for observation to see how she goes..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 3:29 pm

Called out to a garden where a lady has been feeding a Hoggie that is under her shed... She has noticed the Hoggie has not been out to eat for a few days and can hear it coughing... The shed only has a gap of 6" around the side and back but is low to the ground, I could see the Hoggie but could not reach it as it was in the middle i tried to gently manoeuvre it towards me but could not get it past the plinths, tried running a hose pipe gently at the side as this usually makes them move but nothing !! The only way was to remove a piece of the shed floorboard directly over the Hoggie to enable me to lift it out, unfortunately the lady was not prepared to do this and of course that is her perogative... So after 2 hours i could not get the Hoggie, i have advised her to put food out and if it does venture out to catch it and call me... I fear this Hoggie may have lungworm and does need urgent care fingers crossed she can catch it for me ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 9:29 am

11 Hedgehog Houses in and around the enclosed garden... But this lot decided to play Jenga last night !!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 11:47 am

And it really was !! Hoggie had managed to get into the house up the stairs and was scrambling around under my bed at 1am this morning... Must of got in whilst i was cleaning them out, not sure how long he has been in here but the container of dried mealworms has gone down considerably !!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 9:43 am

Finally the famous findern four which i hand reared from under two weeks old are being returned to the garden they were born in this morning... It is a sad day and a happy day.. I feel privileged to have reared them and seen them grow into beautiful healthy Hoggies... Good luck little guys & gals stay safe .... Thanks to Tim for making a Hoggie house and run ready for them..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 8:48 am

This Slug decided to join ROSIE for breakfast this morning !!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 8:57 am

Never a dull moment here at the Rescue.. This is Ginger he is blind and has lived here in the enclosed garden for over 2 years.. He has discovered how to open the flyscreen door into the kitchen !!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:20 pm

3 of the babies that Cheryl found last week having a few mins garden time the other one is in the bushes behind.... — at prickly ball lodge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 3:27 pm

If you see any of these plastic can rings lying around PLEASE pick them up and cut them open then dispose of them... Many many Hoggies get caught up in these.. Thank you ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 3:30 pm

Called out to a garden where Hoggie had been seen for the last 2 days laying on top of the plants in the flower bed... It is a female weight 290g so one of this years babies... No injuries few fleas but quite lethargic... Rehydrate fluids given in ICU to be monitored.. She was named HETTY by the couple who found her.. Thank you for calling me..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 8:28 am

PLEASE ensure all drains have a secure cover over them, if a Hedgehog falls into a drain it will most certainly die unless found within a short space of time .... Thank you ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 5:55 pm

Called out to a very large Hoggie who has been on a driveway not moving much for couple of days.... It is a male weight 1 kilo.. he has no injuries a few fleas but is lethargic.. Into ICU to monitor him.. Yesterday's female HETTY is now on the move and has eaten and drank a small amount so hopefully she is going to be ok..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next