Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 8:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And another two Hoglets 3 weeks old just fetched them in ... One found wandering near a garage the other nearly ran over on the road !!! both ok busy eating some food
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 4:02 pm

These two little Hoglets have just been brought in by a lady who runs a bird sanctuary 40 miles away... They were found under a canoe alongside the Mother who was sadly dead... They are less than 2 weeks old as eyes still not open so back to 2 hourly feeds !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 4:25 pm

Called out to a garden where a adult hoggie was trapped in a football net... It was around its head and upper half of body.. After gentle handling i managed to get it to uncurl enough for me to cut it all off safely .. It was a female and looks like she may of had a litter recently.. after checking her over put her under a shaded bush, hopefully she will go back to her nest..
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 5:27 pm

I'm sad to hear about the male hoggie, but as the rescuer says, at least he was cared for at his last moments Sad 

Love the little babbies that have just been brought in, I hope they do okay Very Happy

xoxox
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 8:31 am

Gentlemen called me at tea time to advise his wife had found 2 Hoglets in the garden but a neighbour had seen 3 more.. Advised him to get the two into a box and put food out and look under bushes for couple of hours.. low and behold the remaining 3 appeared... Mum they presume was the dead Hoggie out on the front road hence these babies coming out to look for her .. They are approx 4/5 weeks old.. very healthy and eating and drinking well....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 6:45 pm

This is Hilary who likes the Dog lead and lying in my flower pot... She is blind and loves climbing along the wall.. Today she is on the wall sniffing out a pot hoggie !!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 6:45 pm

Female Hoggie just brought in found in the road... Although a very small smear of blood in the box no injury showing but she is very very thin, dehydrated and can't stand... Rehydrate fluids given but it is not looking good for her... In an ICU ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 9:57 am

Sadly the female Hoggie who was found on the road yesterday has died... She had suffered from a possible knock it is difficult to tell if there is no visible injury but she died within only 5 hours of arriving .....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 10:01 am

This is one of the tiny Hoglets who so many of you saw on video on June 9th.. who i have hand reared, I called them the Findern 4... They are now all enjoying the freedom of the enclosed garden learning to fend for themselves.. Considering when i collected them they did not even have there eyes open and were freezing cold they have done amazing... well done little fellas soon to be free ....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 5:53 pm

Hoglet approx 5 weeks old found wandering in front garden for last two days... Lady worried as house straight onto busy main road.. only one not seen any others.. It is a female weight 108g.. No fleas or ticks. I have put her with a litter of 4 i have who are around the same age for company..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 11:38 am

Surprise Surprise the lady who called me as she had found the 5 week old Hoglet i collected at tea time, has just called another two have turned up !!! She is keeping them overnight and i am collecting them at 8am in the morning by which time there will probably be another !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 11:41 am

Lady called found a small Hoggie down the side of an alley way just wandering around... It is a female possibly one of last years late babies... Healthy enough but was out and about in the sunshine so best to bring her in to the rescue for some TLC and give her a week or so to gain some weight... She is happily in the enclosed garden eating some food and drinking loots of water with the other Hoggies... She is going to be just fine ... Thank you to the lady for caring..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:58 pm

Called out to a garden where a Adult Male had been laying out in the garden since yesterday... He had alot of Ticks.. I brought him into the Rescue and have removed as many as i can for now and have put him into hutch with lots of water to drink... I will attempt to remove more later as he has alot underneath him but curls up very tight... As you can see I have removed a fair few and they were all full of blood...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:59 pm

I collected the two Hoglets from last night at 8am and they were quite cold so gently warming them before feeding, then they will go with there sibling from last night together.... Thank you to the lady who was going into hospital this morning at 6.30 who found them for arranging for me to collect them from her neighbour before she had to go to work early this morning... Thank you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 8:57 pm

These are the two Hoglets i collected this morning they have now warmed up and have been eating so they are now being put with there sibling....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 10:03 pm

This is one of my hand reared Hoglets who is now in soft release.. She just loves the freedom no stopping her now ....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 12:47 pm

Call out to a garden at 8.30am this morning lady found 1 Hoglet outside her back door in the Sun.... This is the only one she has seen had a look around can't see anymore for now... This is a male approx 4 weeks old weighs 125g.. As you can see he was covered in fleas !! got them all off and he is enjoying some food/water.... Maybe another call later with more i think ....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 2:25 pm

These are some babies i have moved to a larger hutch today... they seem to be enjoying the space ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 7:19 pm

Called out to a Residential Home this afternoon they had found a baby hedgehog in the gardens on the path not moving much... It was moving around more when i arrived to collect it and they had given it some food/water.. Brought it back to the rescue it is a female 154g approx 5 weeks old.. It has had some food and water and is settling ok.. Called it HAZEL as it is from Hazelwood Residential Home.. Many thanks to the staff for taking the time to care for it whilst they are so busy at work..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 12:50 pm

Many thanks to Tim Keep.. Tim found the famous Findern four babies back in June and i have hand reared them all... He visited the rescue this morning to see how they were doing and take a look around at the Rescue set up.... We have arranged for the four babies to be returned to his garden when they are ready for release and he is now making his garden into a lovely safe haven for them... Many Thanks Tim for the very generous donation you made to Prickly Ball Lodge .... See you in a few weeks or so with the Findern four ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:49 am

Latest arrivals these two Hoglets have been cared for by a couple for the last 2 weeks.. they were found in there garden, they have been kept inside with warmth and food and are approx 4/5 weeks old.. The couple work abroad so can't carry on looking after them hence my taking them in.. Many thanks to the couple they have done a remarkable job rearing these Hoglets who are very healthy and lively who will remain here until release ... Thank you both for caring..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 2:39 pm

Collected this baby female who has been seen around 3 gardens over the last few days heading towards the road this morning... The gentleman rang me as he fetched it into his garden but it has just layed in the sun since and would not attempt to drink/eat or move he was very concerned ... It only weighs 106g so approx 4 weeks old... few fleas on her given her some rehydrate fluid and she is in the ICU for a few hours to see how she goes ... The gentleman says he assumes it is the same one he has been seeing but is now wondering if there are more... He will keep checking ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 2:40 pm

Collected this baby Hoglet today.. As you can see he has fly eggs around his eye and also in his mouth.. he only weighs 76g so only around 3 weeks old... He was found crossing a dirt track which is in use all the time with vehicles.. No others have been seen.. I have removed all the fly eggs and rinsed his mouth out to clear them... He is eating and drinking at the minute ....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 10:51 am

NOTE: if you know you have Baby Hedgehogs in your garden please keep an eye out, this torrential rain will wash them out of there nests .... Thank you
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 3:49 pm

I am so glad that they found you love, I constantly worry about little ones being in distress and not receiving help. I loathe tics and fleas; I once took ticks from a hoggie and had great pleasure in stabbing them!!!

Thank you my darling for all you are doing.

Hugs

J xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next