Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 1:42 pm

MORE NAPPY NEWS... Another one of my resident Hoggies Hilary who is blind and likes the dog lead and flower pot... Has given birth to 3 hoglets this morning .... All seem fine so far ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 2:45 pm

Called out to collect 2 babies approx 5 weeks old 122g and 134g .. Lady found them wandering along the pavement yesterday afternoon near the road ... She took them home and put them in her back garden as not sure if they should be out and about at this young age.. They were still in her garden asleep this morning.. She called me at 8am as she was worried i collected them before 9am.. They are both fine here at the rescue ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 2:48 pm

Mum and baby Hoglets doing ok.. As you can see she has now carried a towel from the other end of the hutch and torn up newspaper to make a nest overnight... Can only see the two feeding but the other one is most probably underneath her ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 8:00 pm

Another call out Hoglet out in the sun on it's own.. male only weighs 85g eyes open but still squeaking for Mum... No other's about so not sure where it has come from as yet... In ICU then feed ....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 5:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quick check on Mum have seen all 3 babies all ok.. as you can see Mum has torn lots of newspaper up for bedding.. As she is blind the flash of the camera is not disturbing or harming her and the hoglets eyes are shut for 2 weeks....
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 5:17 pm

Mommy looks like she has been crossed with a koala bear! I luuuuuuurve her nose!!!

xoxox
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 5:23 pm

You could just smunge that nose xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 6:42 pm

Male baby brought into the Rescue approx 5 weeks old.. Found in an overgrown garden where the house has just been bought so no one living there at present.. 5 days ago they found two adults in a large plastic flower tub which was full of water one had drowned and the other was standing on top of the drowned one but could not get out.. They got it out and when put down it ran away.. I have advised for them to go back and try to look as best they can for more babies and to make a small clearing and put food out in a make shift feeder in hope they may come for food.. The lady only lives around the corner from the garden and is going to keep checking every few hours for me... Baby in the ICU as quite cold but is very thin so hopefully can start to give it food soon ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 12:45 pm

Called out to a garden large male Hoggie found late yesterday evening in the road and breathing very loud also bubbles from nose.... He weighs 713g no injuries although one eye is shut possibly blind in that eye.. Breathing not good and bubbles from nose indicate pneumonia/lungworm .. Removed few ticks no fleas, given first antibiotic and put onto heatpad in ICU without dry heat and a small amount of olbas oil to help him breathe, i have found in the past this really seems to help them with severe breathing difficulties.. will observe for cough before starting lungworm treatment .. This is a very poorly Hoggie ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:09 am

This is Terry the male Hoggie i fetched in yesterday with suspected pneumonia.. I went to give him his antibiotic this morning and saw something near his ear... Brought him in to examine him and this is what i found live maggots inside his ear... The ear obviously has a wound . I have flushed out the maggots with tea tree oil and a very small amount of diluted F10, cleaned him up and syringed him with fluids the antibiotics should be kicking in so will kill any infection but will have to keep cleaning out his ear... Poor Terry as if he has not got enough problems ... Not a nice picture i know but it shows just some of the problems i try to sort for the poor things..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 5:00 pm

Latest arrivals these 3 babies were found in a garden by a workman doing some building work.. Owners have not seen a Mother Hoggie at all but babies been around for a few days.. They have a few ticks and fleas but are nice and lively and as you can see are loving the dried mealworms .... Thanks to the workman for bringing them to the rescue from approx 35 miles away ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:37 pm

Sadly poor Terry the large male hoggie with pneumonia died during the night.... He really was struggling with his breathing and to be fair as much as i try so hard to save them all i do think it was a blessing for him ....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 3:07 pm

This is one of the Findern four Hoglets who will be returning to it's original garden within the next few weeks .... They have done really well considering they were less than 2 weeks old on arrival at the Rescue...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 3:09 pm

This is Morley another of my resident Hoggies who is blind. He wanders around the enclosed garden in the daytime going from house to house until he decides which house to have a kip in !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 12:50 pm

Latest arrival this is Neville he is approx 3 weeks old and weighs just 64g. A lady found him outside her front door step on Saturday morning he was covered in cobwebs on his face so i suspect he has made his way along the edge of a path but no Hoggies have been seen in hers or any neighbour's garden's.. The lady removed some ticks and has kept him warm and a little food until she could get him to a vet.. The VET however told the lady that he is a wild animal she should NOT have taken him in and should of put him back under a hedge !!!!!!!!! The lady was made to feel she had done a terrible thing by caring.... I am very very angry at this as we all know what would of happened to Neville had she taken the Vet's advice.. Neville has only survived because of the lady's kindness and he is now safely in the ICU and feeding well... The lady is called Lisa & her son Jake were both in tears in my house as they felt they had done wrong.. So Lisa & Jake you absolutely did the RIGHT thing by caring and getting him to me from 30 miles away.. So thank you ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 12:14 pm

NEVILLE has gained 5 grams in weight since he came in and is enjoying the heatpad and eating/drinking well ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 6:01 pm

This is for Lisa & Jake... Here is Neville having a little forage for a few minutes this afternoon !!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 9:04 am

Not one of mine but thought it a very cute picture !!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 4:56 pm

Neville deciding whether to climb up to have his dinner or not !!!! He has gained another 6 grams ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 8:17 pm

Latest arrival this female was found whilst a garden was being cleared and she was making a rasping noise.. She weighs 903g and other than the rasping noise appears healthy enough .. My worry is if she has had babies and the garden is being cleared, I have asked the owners to check the garden tonight and put some food out just in case any babies around and that the workmen tomorrow go very carefully and to call me asap if any babies found !! Started her on an antibiotic as the rasping is from the chest..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 4:50 pm

Rosie one of my resident Hoggies making a pretty good job of camouflaging herself from me this afternoon !!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 7:58 am

This baby hedgehog decided he has had enough of me checking him over and wants to be off !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 6:07 pm

NEVILLE has been out for his garden time.. don't think he was very impressed by another Hoggie going into his house that he found !! Hence the other Hoggie leaving by the window !! — at Prickly Ball Lodge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 8:25 am

Latest arrival this is Jemima she was found wandering along the road.. She only weighs 54g but has eyes open and teeth so over 3 weeks old but so underweight... She had fly eggs around her ear and maggots in her ear.. flushed and cleaned ear out.. Anitbiotic given and food/rehydrate fluid given.. she is very hungry.. in ICU with heatpad /food and water Thank you to the lady for bringing her in late on this Sunday evening ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 5:18 pm

Jemima who came in late last night has been eating and drinking well and has been out for a few minutes in the garden that is until Neville decided to join in !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue   Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prickly Ball Lodge Hedgehog Rescue
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next