Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 9:07 am

New hoglets xxx

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 9:15 am

9 babies fed and toileted, 8 doing well, 1 not so good at all, hoping for a miracle. Am off to bed before early feeds in the morning and hoping this sciatica clears up as it's making life difficult! Night all xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 5:13 pm

All of the babies are doing quite well, Lil is still a worry but hopefully she'll do ok. Between Katie and myself we've done 32 feeds already today and I have about another 20 to do. We desperately need funds to keep us going or items off our wish list. If you can help please do by using the donate button on our website or getting something off our list xxx

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 9:15 pm

Been to the vets with Lil today, she's not doing as well as I'd like and the vet seems to think she may have some kind of birth defect, very difficult to tell really but we'll keep trying with her and see how she goes.

All the other hoglets are doing really well, The Rugrats are slowly starting to wean so we'll be able to cut down the syringe feeds gradually soon. The Simpson are all eating well and eyes and ears are fully open now.

It's been a manic couple of days, but I've been very lucky to have a volunteer for 3 days in a row......thanks Katie xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 4:06 pm

Another baby in today, this one's called Anderson. He was 116g so still very small and is now tucking in to a tasty bowl of slop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 8:14 am

Baby Anderson's sister has just arrived, Ethel, both are weak and cold, finders are looking for more but for now they're both tucked up on a heatpad and will get 5 star treatment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 6:34 pm

Quick update as I'm very tired tonight, The Rugrats and The Simpsons are all doing really well, Simpsons are not piling the weight on as quickly as I'd like but they're still doing well. Anderson and Ethel are still very weak, not sure how long Mum had gone for before they made their way out of the nest but they're eating little and often and will hopefully get their strength back soon.

It's been a busy day and my little boy has been unusually grouchy, maybe he's not too well, but all I can say is thank goodness for volunteers....Katie you're a star and my shed looks amazing, thank you xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 9:56 am

Mmmm is that dinner we smell?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 9:18 am

Sadly one of the new babies did not make it. The other is still fighting and managing to take feeds now. Stay strong little one xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 9:20 am

This little guy is doing great so far, despite the facial injuries. I've named him Frankie, he's a little fighter and definitely worth all the night feeds xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 7:57 pm

Slowly but surely Frankie seems to be on the mend. Really hoping he keeps going in the right direction xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 7:51 pm

Quick update: All 10 hoglets we have are doing really well, a couple are a bit slow to gain weight and it's taken a while to get Anderson and Ethel better as they were very poorly, but they're all well now.

We are (very, very slowly) getting on top of Drizzle's infection in his foot and he's starting to use it slightly now so will require much more rehabilitation but I'm starting to think we may win.

We had an adult female in at the weekend who was weak with lungworm and had also been attacked, possibly by a dog. She was exceptionally poorly but seems to be doing much better now, however is still skin and bone. I've named her Precious.

Please keep a shallow bowl of water out for hedgehogs in this heat, they are very, very thirsty in this weather xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 9:08 am

Not a pleasant evening, two hogs with horrific injuries, one is at the vets to see if it's salvagable, i fear it may not be, the other was put to sleep straight away with injuries that will stay in my mind for a long time. Hope tomorrow is a better day :-( xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:54 am

All 13 hogs have been weighed, mucked out and medicated, I'm finding the further along my pregnancy I go the longer mucking out takes, plus my arms aren't great today so it's taken a while lol.

Everyone seems to be doing well at the moment, all the hoglets are great, Precious, the dog attack hog with lungworm seems to be improving, she's still not breathing quite right but that's ok as she hasn't finished her treatment yet.

Desmond, a new hog who was exhausted from being trapped in a pond has had a good weight gain today and seems to be on the up.

In this weather please leave a shallow bowl of water out for all wildlife as they're really struggling xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 9:58 am

Just had a female come in, severely dehydrated and thin. She fell asleep within minutes with her face in the plate of food. She's been given fluids but needs a lot more. Finders are looking for a nest and have named her Fiona. Please please please leave water out for wildlife in this weather, they are really struggling xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 6:45 pm

Well I've got a shed full of hot hogs. All of them are doing very well at the moment which is lovely but all are struggling with the heat. The dehydrated female I had come in the other day responded brilliantly to treatment but she was very lucky that she was brought to us in time. Please please please put water out for wildlife, they are struggling so much in this weather xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 9:22 am

I was brought two young hedgehogs today that the finder was worried about, he was sent back home with them as they were some of the healthiest, beautiful hogs I'd ever seen and were probably just out in the day looking for water. He's going to put food and water out for them now. It was nice to see some really healthy hogs living in the wild for once instead of the poor souls we usually get in xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 7:20 pm

Thrilled with the response from our article in The Solihull News, we haven't even had our paper yet but have had a lot of calls already, some people wishing to donate, some wanting to foster and some just wanting advice on hogs in their garden. FAB!!! Thank you so much to Solihull News once again xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 8:03 pm

We had another baby in today, not too small but very dehydrated, his name is Larry. Drizzle had another little surgery on his foot last week and for the first time in a couple of months there is no infection and it's looking really good......it's taken a while but we're winning. Yay!
We've just come back from a few days camping and had a much needed rest, thank you so so much my volunteers for doing such an amazing job whilst we've been away xxxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 8:32 am

Had an adult male admitted late last night. He has a very large growth/abscess and is going straight to the vets this morning. His name is Arthur xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:06 am

Things have been quite difficult here over the past few weeks, I'm 23 weeks pregnant and we've been told that the baby has severe and complex heart problems. We are unsure of what the outcome will be but have been prepared for the worst. I cannot thank my friends and volunteers enough for all of their support and help to keep us relatively sane and pretty positive.

In happier news, Arthur had a huge abscess lanced at the vets today, the cavity is the size of a grapefruit and he will be feeling much more comfortable now. It'll take time and care but hopefully he'll make a full recovery.

Some of the hoglets are now ready for release, they've done amazingly and it will be both happy and sad to send them on their merry way.

Please try and gather support for us for "Heavy Hogs", our rock night that is a week on Friday, it should be a great night xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:36 pm

Hedgehogs are beautiful, gentle, amazing animals, they are NOT footballs!!!!! Poor girl in today has been kicked in the head, big swollen trauma, luckily nothing broken. We're doing our best to pull her through.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 9:23 am

We're having a pretty rough time of things here at the moment, so tonight is for positive, happy updates only........

Lola, the hog who had horrific head injuries after being used as a football is starting to recover well. After pretty intensive nursing she is breathing more easily, starting to eat by herself and her head is returning to normal shape. Fingers crossed for no lasting damage.

Drizzle, our boy who got his leg caught in a mouse trap is doing great. After about 8 weeks and many courses of antibiotics and two surgeries, we are finally on top of his infection and for the last two days he's had a little run (yes run, the boy is fast) on the lawn. A little more rehab and he'll be ready for release.

All of the hoglets are doing fab and will be released in the coming week, along with Precious who had severe lungworm and facial injuries from a dog, and Desmond who was very poorly after nearly drowning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 12:24 pm

Update on Lola, the hedgehog who had a big head trauma after being used as a football, after doing really well for a few days she's struggling again. We're doing all we can, giving her intensive care, and she's taking all the meds and food that we're syringing into her like an absolute angel. She's so beautiful I really hope we can pull her through xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 2:13 pm

We successfully released four of our hogs yesterday who quickly scurried into the night. We hope they make us proud out there! Hopefully there will be another release later in the week
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next