Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 12:33 pm

Morning all, unfortunately Aria lost her fight yesterday, she was so poorly and even though I tried everything I could, it wasn't enough. I feel so sad because she was so beautiful and every single hedgehog is so very precious.

All the boys are doing really well, Trevor goes from strength to strength and the swelling is slowly starting to reduce in Drizzle's leg that was caught in a mouse trap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 10:14 pm

All hogs are doing well this evening and today we helped with our first international rescue...a hedgehog in trouble in Feurteventura. Thanks to Hedgehog Bottom for support numbers over there :-) Hopefully the hedgehog will be fine xxx
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 8:58 am

Great updates
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 8:45 am

Morning all! All is going well here at the moment. Trevor is doing fantastically and gaining weight nicely. He does, however, have some nerve damage which means he'll be here for quite a while rehabilitating.

Drizzle's leg is looking much less swollen but we are expecting a couple of his toes to fall off soon. It'll be a long healing process and he doesn't make it easy as he's a nightmare when it comes to taking his meds. Lots of time and patience required but hopefully we can sort him out.

Harry's doing very well and will be returning home pretty soon.

I've had some lovely donations from a couple of my friends and just want to say thank you so much, it means the world to me and helps more than you know x x x x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 12:34 pm

Just admitted a male hedgehog, I've called him Leonard. He is in a dreadful state, barely alive and I'm surprised he lasted the journey here. I have never seen a hedgehog so thin and emaciated. He is warming up and has been given fluids but I'm not sure he has a chance. We'll do everything we can :-( xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 7:30 pm

Bit of a depressing day today. Leonard was too poorly and passed away. Had a call from a local vets to go pick up a hog they had, little girl, very thin and weak, not sure she'll make it through the night. We'll do our best xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 5:10 pm

The poor little girl i picked up from a local vets didn't make it. She'd been attacked by a dog and had a lot stacked against her bless her. In other news, it looks like Drizzle will lose a couple of his toes soon so hopefully he'll be able to start the rehab process soon. Harry is off for release tonight and Trevor is just as gorgeous as ever xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 6:01 pm

Called out this afternoon to a hog trapped under some railings. She had lost a toe but it looked like quite an old injury and she was in good condition. Have left her there as there is a good chance she could have a nest of babies in the foliage next door. Hope she does really well xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 9:35 pm

Following the call out this afternoon for the trapped female hog who I suspect is pregnant or has babies, the finder just text to say she ate a big bowl of cat food and has disappeared again. Fab! Think I made the right call :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 6:24 pm

It's been a few days since my last hog update, but that's just because we've been plodding along with not much to tell. Drizzle, the hog who was caught in a mouse trap, has been to the vet today and had two of his toes removed. They were dropping off but he has a nasty infection and we needed a change of meds. The vet is hopeful that we can get it under control and start rehab once the infection has gone. Trevor is doing well but it'll take a long time for his nerve damage to heal if it is going to. We'll keep working hard with him as he has a very special place in my heart. 

And we have electricity in the shed now.....I'm not sure if I ever mentioned that ;-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 8:42 am

Happy rainy Monday morning everyone! Hogs are mucked out and medicated and doing quite well. I want to say how very lucky I am to have such a supportive family when it comes to doing this and how blessed I am to have such a good natured little toddler who is more than happy to just sit quietly and watch tv and eat his apple while I'm up the garden doing all the jobs. Yes he goes nuts when I'm back and nags me to hoover all the time but if it wasn't for his lovely nature I couldn't do this........Thanks Milo ♥ xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 8:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 6:54 pm

2 calls about hedgehogs today, first one was heavily pregnant but unfortunately dead on arrival, second was 5 babies who were found in an allotment trying to suckle their mother. 2 boys, 3 girls, all have managed to suck from the syringe and are now fast asleep on the heat pad. I've got my hands full for the next couple of weeks but here's hoping they all thrive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 8:08 am

Our Rugrats as they are now named - Tommy, Chucky, Angelica, Phil(ippa) and Lil. Fingers crossed they'll all do well xxx

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 5:11 pm

Most definitely worth the hard work!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 8:20 am

Morning all. The hoglets are all taking their feeds well and all have gained weight since coming in. All eyes are open now and so far they are doing great!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 8:20 am

The Rugrats

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 8:35 am

Update on the Rugrats, most are doing really well, eating lots and gaining weight. The two smallest girls, Phil and Lil, developed a gunky ear each so were taken to the vets and were found to have fairly sizeable maggots in them. Hopefully all have been removed and they will start to thrive now but will be keeping a very close eye on them. Massive thanks to my vets for being so kind and massively patient xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 12:03 pm

Quick update while I have chance, the hoglets are doing ok, we had a tough day with a couple of them yesterday and I'm quite worried about the smallest, she doesn't seem to be thriving as well as the others but we'll keep trying our best. I'll try get more pictures later.

Trevor is doing fantastically and has completely recovered from all that was life threatening. He still has some nerve damage which is affecting some of his spikes so we're hoping that with time and patience it may come right.

Drizzle, the hog who got his leg caught in a mouse trap, is doing much better than he was but we are still doing all we can to fight the infection. He had a couple of toes removed by our vets but the infection, though a lot better than it was, is still not under control. He has quite a few injections each day and we keep the hutch as clean as is possible so hopefully it will settle down soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 3:19 pm

We've had a new admission today, adult male named Hamish by the finders, looks ok at first glance but is very unwilling to uncurl so we'll just have to be patient.

Four of the five hoglets are doing brilliantly, starting to walk instead of crawl and also starting to teethe. Poor little Lil is not doing so great and it seems no matter what we try it is making little difference. Lets hope we can pull her through xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 3:32 pm

4 of the 5 hoglets, growing fast xxx

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 7:32 pm

Dinner time for Philippa

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 7:56 am

Thrilled to bits, Little Lil seems to have found her appetite! She's still not out of the woods but seems to have really perked up today
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 9:05 am

What a day! Rugrats are doing well and will be starting to wean soon. Had 4 more babies in, very good condition but very young, eyes still not open for some of them. Mum had looked after them very well but something must have happened to her as she did not return. 2 boys 2 girls, still no names yet.

We've got a volunteer here for the summer now, it was fab to have her for the day, thanks Katie. Thanks also to Rebecca for bringing me goodies for the hogs she'd collected at work. It's been hard work today but when people help like that it gives you a massive boost
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 9:06 am

Eyes just starting to open xxx

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next