Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull Empty
PostSubject: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 7:56 am

Lots of positive vibes for a new little girl Vivienne please, she is a very very poorly hedgehog with severe lungworm. We're giving all the treatment we can, s/c fluids, critical care formula, and the appropriate meds and just have to hope she can find the strength to pull through xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 7:59 am

Well good news for little Miss Vivienne, she made it through the night and seems slightly stronger today. She took her critical care formula well and has even eaten a small amount of sloppy food. Hoping she may have the strength to get through this now
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 9:10 am

Good news xx
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 7:47 pm

Vivienne's breathing seems much improved but she is still so weak and thin it's difficult to tell whether she will make it or not. Trying to syringe little bits every few hours but she's not taking it at all well today xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 9:22 am

Unfortunately Vivienne didn't make it and died today. I'm gutted. i never thought she'd last the night when I got her but she did, then the next, and the next so I started getting my hopes up that she'd pull through. She was too poorly and too weak but I know that I did everything I possibly could.
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 11:19 am

oh no this is so sad Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 7:33 pm

Well after yesterday and the bad news, here's some good news.........Alvin, who came in with his bottom half completely paralysed is doing brilliantly. He has started trying to move the leg that has not worked at all and i think with a bit more work and plenty of time he may get the movement back completely. Yay! Xxx
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 8:25 pm

Oh poor Vivienne Sad

I hope this little Alvin makes a full recovery....
xoxox
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:08 am

If anybody was going to donate some food for our gorgeous hedgehogs we are desperately in need of dry food as well as tins, and also if you have any fleece blankets that you don't need we could really do with them. Thank you xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 3:10 pm

Had a very poorly little boy in today, not quite sure what's going on with him but something is wrong. He's coming to the vets today with me and Alvin, see what the vet thinks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 7:46 pm

Well a positive trip to the vets, she is thrilled at how Alvin is doing and he's off to a secure garden for more rehab, and new little boy, Trevor, although extremely poorly may be able to be saved......I'll give it my best shot!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 8:06 am

Trevor is starting to look much better. He is still very wobbly but trying to stand and eating hungrily

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 8:07 am

Morning all. Great news this morning, not only did Trevor make it through the night but he has also taken his syringe feeds and meds well and even eaten all the sloppy food I put out for him. He's still very wobbly and once he gets to his plate he can't get back to his blankets again but he's looking much brighter and I'm starting to think his finder may have found him just in time :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 9:35 am

Well yesterday evening I was extremely worried about Trevor, gave him meds and a syringe feed and thought that it was maybe the end for him as he'd taken a turn for the worse, didn't expect him to make the night. This morning he's eaten all his food, drank some water and put on 50 grams since yesterday!!!! He's not out of the woods but it is looking much more positive.

We're still in need of fleece blankets, newspapers, dry food, items from our amazon wish list or any donations to help with getting electricity in our shed. If you can help with anything please message me xxx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 11:28 am

hedgehogs never fail to amaze me .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 1:01 pm

Alvin, our hog who came in with severe partial paralysis has done exceptionally well with his recovery. He's had some hydrotherapy every few days and a little exercise every day and is walking very well. He's just gone off to a secure garden for some more rehabilitation, we'll see how he gets on :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 1:10 pm

Well as you can see from the photos, Trevor is doing so much better than he was. He's off syringe feeds now and on solid food. I was worried yesterday about his back legs but had a look this morning and I think he is maybe just too weak to use them as there's a definite improvement today :-)

Trevor has had a bath and just resting on a heatpad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 1:13 pm

Look who's eating solid food! Go Trevor!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 7:01 pm

Another little boy in today, called Harry. Seems not too bad but quite thin and dehydrated. Will keep a close eye on him
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 8:51 am

Quick update on the hogs before the toddler wakes up.......Trevor is doing fantastically, has put 170g on since last Thursday and is really starting to get his strength up now. He is walking again and the smell of infection has completely gone.

New boy Harry is doing well, he's been very patient whilst I have removed over 50 ticks from him which must have made him feel more comfortable. He's had lots to drink and a few good meals (little and often) and has gained 50g overnight :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 12:23 pm

Picked up a hog today who has a nasty injury to it's front leg. It had been caught in a mouse trap so has been given meds and made comfortable and we're off to the vet first thing in the morning
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 12:25 pm

Morning all! It's a bit damp out there this morning. Hogs have all been mucked out and medicated. Trevor is doing brilliantly, is gaining weight well and even becoming more cheeky when it comes to taking his meds......so glad he's feeling better.

Harry is doing well, I've removed a few more ticks and am hoping I've got them all now......been having a tick war and have got about 60 off him.....he must be feeling much more comfortable without all of them.

New hog (still not sure if it's a girl or a boy) who had it's leg caught in a mousetrap has had a comfortable night, eaten well and taken meds today. We've got the first appointment at our fab vets and we'll see what his/her fate is.....lets hope the leg isn't broken.

Am off for a cuppa and some breakfast now before the rest of the house wakes. Have a good day xxx

PS Did I mention there's now a "donate" button on our website? I'm not sure if I did ;-) xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 12:26 pm

Really positive news from the vets today, it seems like the hog who had it's leg stuck in a mouse trap may do quite well after some cage rest and meds. The vet doesn't think that the leg is broken which is fantastic news but it may lose a couple of toes. Going to give it the best care and hopefully it'll get better. Now just to give it a name...................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 9:11 am

Morning all, quick update before I go get dressed for the day......

Beautiful Aria made it through the night, but she's very weak and struggling to breathe. She got off her heatpad in the night but was too weak to get back on so she was very cold this morning. She's now had her meds, fluids and warming up nicely.

Drizzle's leg is still very swollen and he must be in a lot of pain. Unfortunately the pain is making him more defensive which in turn is making it a nightmare to get meds into him. Take your medicine Drizzle!

Trevor and Harry continue to do well and I keep looking at Trevor thinking how very poorly he was and hoping that if he can do it then Aria can too.

Thank you for the donations, I'm going to try and get some quotes today for electric to be put in the shed and then hopefully my head torch can go into retirement :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 9:14 am

Had a little girl brought in today called Aria, very thin, dehydrated and exceptionally poorly. She's on meds, heat, having s/c fluids and am trying to get her to take a little syringe feed but it's not working :-( Please keep everything crossed for her, she's so beautiful xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull   Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy Hedgehog Rescue - Sollihull
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next