Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) 6th April 2013

Go down 
+2
zombiewoman
gems
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage

Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) 6th April 2013 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) 6th April 2013   Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) 6th April 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 2:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Matthew & Mark, two of the sextuplets from Millbrook Cornwall, out by the feeder last night at 04:30 this morning.
Mark who has been exploring the neighbourhood for the last five days has now returned to join his brother in the garden.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) 6th April 2013   Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) 6th April 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 8:26 am

Just when I thought it was not going to happen, the first local hoglet of the year turns up tonight.
A little girl of 339 grams. Soaking wet and covered in Duck weed she has obviously fallen into the pond! I've got her in for obs at the moment and to try and get her bigger for hibernation in the winter.
Wonder who her mum is?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) 6th April 2013   Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) 6th April 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 9:21 am

HOGLET UPDATE

Both Lily and Huff are coming on well, Lily is now 547 grams and has now overtaken Huff who is 543 grams. They have been joined by little Karla who fell into my pond last Friday and was found in the feeder covered in Duckweed! She is now 406 grams.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) 6th April 2013   Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) 6th April 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 12:25 pm

HOGLET UPDATE

Both Lily and Huff were released into my back garden last night, Lily is now 730 grams and Huff is 800 grams.
Pictures to follow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) 6th April 2013   Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) 6th April 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 1:36 pm

HUFF
Huff was released last night into the large hedgehog house in my back garden which I have just repacked with fresh straw for the Winter. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Huff was found at a house in Ivybridge, out during the day in a heat wave on the 5th August. He was only 224 grams and in a collapsed state, he was dehydrated and under undernourished, for the next 24 hours we battled to re-hydrate him and get his digestive system working again, fortunately he responded well to subcutaneous fluids. He later tested positive for lungworm and was started on a course of worming injections.
He quickly put on weight and a week later he was 312 grams.
After staying here for 47 days he is now 807 grams and a picture of health, this picture was taken shortly before his release on Sunday evening into my largest hedgehog house.
I am hoping that he will hibernate in this house, I have placed a small bowel of kitten biscuits just inside the entrance and a bowel of fresh water outside to encourage him to stay there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) 6th April 2013   Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) 6th April 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 3:47 pm

LILY

Lily was released into a hedgehog house in my garden last night.
She arrived here from a garden in Brixham on the 8th Aug, weighing only 170 grams, but she was a fighter from the word go, she tested negative for worms and went from strength to strength and by the 3rd Sept she was the 570 grams, the same weight as Huff. She has very quickly found the feeder and water bowel as this picture taken at 02:00 hrs shows.
I hope she is going to stay as we need more females at this location.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) 6th April 2013   Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) 6th April 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 12:15 pm

Huff is still living in the large hedgehog house. I refilled the dish of kitten biscuits inside the doorway last night and they were mostly eaten by this morning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) 6th April 2013   Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) 6th April 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 3:12 pm

Lily is now stocking up for hibernation, she has been to the feeder 3 times already tonight and its still only 12:30.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) 6th April 2013   Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) 6th April 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 8:57 am

HOGLET UPDATE
Huff is still in the large hedgehog at the bottom of the garden and is still getting through the 60 grams of kitten biscuits that I put inside the entrance for him every night.

Lily bless her, comes to the feeder at about 20.00 hrs every night, eats a good meal then she pulls up all the clean newspaper in the bottom of the feeder to make a nest. She then goes to sleep in it for a couple of hours, before getting up and starting all over again. She does this several times a night before finally leaving to go back to her proper bed for the day. This is the nest that she made last night, a self-supporting Igloo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) 6th April 2013   Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) 6th April 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 8:30 am

HOGLET UPDATE
Well it looks like Lily, Huff and Karla have started to hibernate.
Huff didn't eat his biscuits last night and he only eat half of them the night before.
Lily and Karla have not been seen in the feeder for two nights now, but it might all change if it was to get warmer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) 6th April 2013   Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) 6th April 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 8:13 am

Everyone please keep a lookout now for Autumn juveniles who are in serious trouble now that the cold weather is here. Any hedgehog under 650 grams will need to be rescued and that weight limit will increase as the Winter draws in.
This little girl was rescued in Exeter yesterday and will now be spending the Winter with me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) 6th April 2013   Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) 6th April 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 8:17 am

Hoglet Update
Lily & Huff are successfully hibernating in hedgehog houses in the garden.
Karla who was released at the beginning of the month has had to come back in again as she was found out on a cold night and her weight was under 600 grams.
Alice who was found trapped in the inspection pit in my brothers garage is now starting to hibernate in the safety of my Hedgehog Rescue, together with Karla.

Toni, Avon & Ivy, the 3 small hoglets from Exeter are too small to hibernate and are in the middle of their worming treatment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) 6th April 2013   Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) 6th April 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hedgehogs in Distress (Brixham) 6th April 2013
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5